Jana Duggar About Being Single

Slide 1 of 8: Single and ready to mingle? Jana Duggar might be an anomaly in her family, hitting 30 and still not married, but she’s OK with that. The Counting On star is the second oldest Duggar child (she is also the twin of John-David) and the eldest daughter of Michelle Duggar and Jim Bob Duggar. While most of her siblings have gotten married and had kids before turning 30, she is happy the path she’s on to find love. “I’m not that worried,” the Growing Up Duggar: It’s All About Relationships coauthor told Us Weekly exclusively in July 2020. “Yes, I long to be married and one day I think that will come, but I think … I’m just also just trying to stay busy with whatever comes along my path.” Since making her reality TV debut on 19 Kids and Counting in 2008, Jana has continued to march to the drum of her own beat. She has consistently spoken about her journey to romance and marriage — and why it’s fine to take your time and be single.   “You have to sometimes talk to someone, get to know someone and realize, you know what, it doesn’t have to end in marriage,” TV personality said on an October 2019 episode of Counting On. Despite feeling pressure to find The One, Jana has talked about not wanting to rush into anything. Instead, she previously told Us that she’s hoping to find a lifelong love similar to that of her parents. “They’re quick to forgive and to make, really try to make things right,” Jana said of her mom and dad, who exchanged their vows in 1984. “The genuine love that they still have for one another … this young love and they still have that, you know, today. I think that’s rare to see couples that are their age and been married that long.” Scroll down to see Jana’s most empowering quotes about being single.

Single and ready to mingle? Jana Duggar might be an anomaly in her family, hitting 30 and still not married, but she’s OK with that.

The Counting On star is the second oldest Duggar child (she is also the twin of John-David) and the eldest daughter of Michelle Duggar and Jim Bob Duggar. While most of her siblings have gotten married and had kids before turning 30, she is happy the path she’s on to find love.

“I’m not that worried,” the Growing Up Duggar: It’s All About Relationships coauthor told Us Weekly exclusively in July 2020. “Yes, I long to be married and one day I think that will come, but I think … I’m just also just trying to stay busy with whatever comes along my path.”

Since making her reality TV debut on 19 Kids and Counting in 2008, Jana has continued to march to the drum of her own beat. She has consistently spoken about her journey to romance and marriage — and why it’s fine to take your time and be single.

“You have to sometimes talk to someone, get to know someone and realize, you know what, it doesn’t have to end in marriage,” TV personality said on an October 2019 episode of Counting On.

Despite feeling pressure to find The One, Jana has talked about not wanting to rush into anything. Instead, she previously told Us that she’s hoping to find a lifelong love similar to that of her parents.

“They’re quick to forgive and to make, really try to make things right,” Jana said of her mom and dad, who exchanged their vows in 1984. “The genuine love that they still have for one another … this young love and they still have that, you know, today. I think that’s rare to see couples that are their age and been married that long.”

Here are Jana’s most empowering quotes about being single:


                                                                        Ready for Love

During a May 2020 teaser for Counting On, Jana told producers that “It can be tiring [with] everyone asking” about her relationship status. Another part of the clip showed Jana getting her hair done and being asked about having a boyfriend. “I wouldn’t mind it,” she replied


Feeling the Pressure

The Arkansas native opened up about being single while her siblings find love and get married during an October 2019 episode of Counting On. “There can be that pressure, I guess. Everyone’s always giving their suggestions,” Jana said. “Some will pressure in some ways, I’m like, ‘Y’all when the time comes.’” She explained that if she was “sitting here waiting to get married, I think that would be more depressing but instead, I really look at this as, OK what are other things that I could be doing right now that maybe I can’t do later? I’ve really enjoyed the different opportunities that I’ve had [like] travel; even still being able to travel with my family that maybe my married siblings can’t do.”


Looking for Mr. Right

The reality star has been courted by many men in the past, but she hasn’t found her forever man just yet. “None of them worked out,” Jana said on the TLC show in October 2019. “Different ones of us have been in relationships, courtships, whatever you want to label it as. Of course, it doesn’t always end in marriage and that’s OK. You have to sometimes talk to someone, get to know someone and realize, you know what, it doesn’t have to end in marriage.”


Courtesy of Jana Duggar/Instagram


On His Way?

In August 2019, an Instagram user commented on a photo of Jana, writing, “Would love to see you finding your handsome prince.” the 19 Kids and Counting alum responded to the user and joked about the slow pace her prince is moving. “Maybe he’s riding in on a green turtle instead of a white horse,” Jana replied. “Still searching for Mr. Right. In the words of Michael BublĂ©, ‘Just haven’t met [him] yet!’”


Courtesy of The Duggar Family/Instagram


The Struggle Is Real

“I know how it feels to wait for Prince Charming to come along. I’m still waiting,” Jana said in an interview with Crown of Beauty in May 2019. “Waiting is not always easy. Especially in those times when all the married siblings are getting together, and you can’t go along because you’re not part of ‘that’ group.” She continued: “Waiting doesn’t mean sitting and literally waiting. No, we need to be busy with where God has us and being content and joyfully serving Jesus there. My parents have always encouraged each of us to serve those around us. I’ve found that when I’m having a hard or discouraging day, I try to look for ways to bless or serve someone else. And in turn, it usually blesses and encourages me.”




Comments